Do you find yourself doing the same thing week after week because there are certain fitness classes that are your favorite? Do you tend to gravitate towards the tennis courts because that’s where you’re the most comfortable? ANY workout is a good workout, but maybe it’s time to consider changing things up a bit. With the assistance of a personal trainer you can go from just “working out” to “training”.
When you watch a tennis player, it’s easy to see the difference between those who “train” to play tennis and those who use tennis as a “work out”. I’m not saying one is better than the other, but if you realized how simple it is to take your game to the next level, I’m sure you’d easily make that change. Let me be clear – We do not want to take you off the tennis court, we want to help you play at an advanced level. We are not trying to replace your favorite group exercise, we want to help you get even more out of those classes!
You’ve probably heard a lot about our personal training services at the club but for one reason or another you haven’t given it a try. Our personal trainers are different from those at other clubs. We’re not going to yell at you (unless that’s what you prefer 😉) and we’re not going to make you feel bad, ever. We are passionate and caring, and we want to develop a program that’s perfect for your abilities and personality. Personal trainers embrace your uniqueness as they dig deep into your barriers and motivations for being active. We possess the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to design safe and effective fitness programs that will help you achieve your fitness goals.
According to the American Council on Exercise, the top 10 reasons for working with a Personal Trainer are:
- Motivation – Most of us work harder in the presence of others. Having a trainer and workout partners by your side can provide the encouragement, energy and motivation you need to jumpstart your routine. A trainer can also help you set goals, create a plan to accomplish them and celebrate the day you reach them.
- Consistency – Do you find it difficult to stick with a program or habit? A trainer can hold you accountable and help you overcome all the excuses you might use to avoid your commitment to exercise. It’s a lot harder to skip the gym when you know someone is waiting for you.
- Clarity – Fitness can be confusing. There is a lot of information to sort through. Eat this, not that. Cardio before or after strength training? Your trainer can help you find credible information and provide direction on your fitness journey. A trainer can help remove the guesswork so you can put all your energy toward accomplishing your goals.
- Confidence – The gym can be intimidating. Working with a trainer allows you to become confident with how to perform exercises, use machines and navigate the facility. After a few sessions, you will feel ready to tackle the fitness center and any group exercise class you desire.
- Avoid Injury – If you are new to exercise or find that some movements are painful, a trainer can help you to be certain that you are moving in a safe and effective way. Taking the time to learn proper exercise technique can improve your results and prevent annoying injuries. A great way to help you get the most out of your favorite group exercise classes.
- Individual Attention – When it comes to fitness, everyone is different. Your unique body mechanics, experience, goals, fitness level, likes and dislikes can guide your trainer in creating a plan that is specific to your needs. With a program that fits, you are more likely to maintain the habit and see results.
- Sport-specific Training – Do you want to run your first 5K or prepare for a backpacking trip? How about improve your tennis game? Your trainer can design a fitness program specific to your sport, which will improve your performance and reduce your chance of injury during the event(s).
- Training with Medical Conditions – Exercising with a medical condition requires additional precautions. A knowledgeable trainer with experience training clients with chronic conditions can design a program that ensures your safety and provides a positive exercise experience.
- Aging Gracefully – Our bodies change as we age. Perhaps the exercises you used to do no longer work with your body, or maybe you’ve stopped seeing results. A trainer can help you adjust or adapt your program as you age, which will allow you to maintain functionality and strength.
My favorite thing about LCRAC is the positive environment created that expands beyond club. People enjoy exercise together and they build meaningful relationships that keeps them coming back. Whether that’s on the tennis courts, in a group class or in a semi-private personal training session, there are a lot of great exercise options for you at Lake Country. We are one team with one goal: to help you succeed as a club member. Our personal training team is here ready to assist you in your journey toward accomplishing your personal fitness goals, whatever they might be. To sign up for your complimentary personal fitness consultation, contact Kris Walter; Fitness Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.